The Braemar Charitable Trust is seeking an experienced Trustee who shares our vision, mission and values, has a passion for and commitment to improving health outcomes in our community and a desire to build on the success of the Trust. The Trustee we are looking for will be well connected in the Waikato region in the for impact, community and charitable/not for profit sector, preferably with strong links in the health sector. The Trustee is looking for applicants with:
- Demonstrated governance competence underpinned by best practice principles;
- An understanding of the fiduciary duties and governance of a charitable trust that is the sole shareholder of a significant commercial asset- Braemar Hospital;
- Financial and commercial acumen and an ability to understand financial statements, budgets and reports;
- The ability to think strategically, contribute to strategy and policy development and to govern within this strategic and policy framework; and
- An ability to question, communicate clearly and work as part of a team.
We value diversity and are particularly interested in strategic thinkers with the following experience:
- Well connected, a respected leader with governance and executive level experience in the philanthropy, community, for impact, charitable/not for profit sector with reputation for effective community engagement;
- Communications, public relations, marketing and/or fundraising strategy development and stakeholder engagement;
- Developed networks and an understanding of the issues facing the wider health sector and how the Trust could contribute to improving health outcomes in the Waikato community.
Please see attached Job Description or contact Paula Baker, Trust Manager at email@example.com for more information.
To apply: see Appoint Better Boards website https://www.appointbetterboard...
Applications close 5pm Friday 14th May 2021